Spinach and cream cheese stuffed chicken is by far one of my favourite chicken dishes. I don’t make it too often since it’s usually just me that will eat it, and sometimes cutting the recipe down for me is a hassle since I don’t end up using the leftovers. Nonetheless it’s amazing when you first cut into it and take a bite of the savoury goodness!! It’s like seriously to die for!
You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious dish and your family will love it! (Hopefully! But we have a few picky eaters in this house.)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- Panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 400F.
- Defrost spinach (if you have not already done so.)
- Let cream cheese soften (if you have not already done so.)
- Strain all of the water from the spinach using a paper towel. If you have a small mesh strainer, you can use that!
- Mix spinach, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and salt and pepper together. Use a fork to mash it all together, or use a food processor!
- Crack and beat two eggs.
- Cut slices in your chicken to make a pocket. Take a look at the picture below to see what I mean!
- Stuff your cream cheese and spinach mixture into your chicken breast and fold the chicken over to hold in your mixture.
- Drench your chicken in your beaten egg.
- Cover your chicken in bread crumbs.
- Place your chicken into a hot frying pan and brown on both sides.
- Transfer into an oven safe baking pan.
- If you have any left over spinach and cream cheese mixture, top your browned chicken.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare and 40 minutes to cook for a total of one hour!
I absolutely love how creamy and delicious this is to bite into! I’d honestly eat this everyday if I could!
Are you looking for other meal ideas?
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of my affiliate links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission for referring you.