If you own a microwave, chances are you’ve had that oopsie moment when you hear a pop coming from the food you’re heating up. There is a good chance that it made a mess of your microwave. There is nothing worse than heating up that bowl of soup and not placing something over top to stop the messes, or if you forget to vent your dish just a little bit and the lid blows right off and makes a mess anyways. Chances are this had happened to you, and if not, it will at some point.
The microwave for me is one of those things that I don’t really like to use, but use it on a daily basis anyways. It’s super convenient for leftovers if you’re in a hurry to eat and go. I can say that I am guilty with making a mess in my microwave and not cleaning it up right away. This is where this blog post will make your life easier. You need a few things to clean with and about 7 minutes in total before your microwave will be sparkling clean.
Lemons are a great way to clean your house naturally. Instead of using harsh chemicals that make you want to open every single window, every single time. You can use a lemon to clean which will leave your house smelling wonderful!
What you’ll need:
- Microwaveable safe bowl
- Put one cup of water in your microwaveable safe bowl.
- Cut your lemon in half and squeeze both halves into your bowl. (I used my juicer. I find it quicker and less messy than just using your hands.)
- Place your rinds into the bowl and put the bowl in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- When your timer is up, don’t open the door, rather let it sit for another couple of minutes. The steam will work its magic and will help lift the gunk.
- Take your rag and gently wipe down your microwave. I have a turntable in mine, so I took that out first, cleaned it and set it aside. Start at the roof of the microwave, work down the walls to the bottom and sweep anything out of the microwave into your hand for disposal.
- Don’t forget to clean the door of the microwave too!
Cleaning a microwave has never been so easy. If you find that you have a really bad spot that didn’t quite lift away, dip your rag into your lemon water and scrub until it’s gone! It should lift fairly easy.
This trick has worked for me for a long time now. Are there any tricks that you use to clean your microwave that I don’t know about?
This post may contain affiliate links.