What’s easier than throwing some meat in the crock pot for the day and enjoying a nice meal when you get home? The ease of crock pot cooking has grown on me since my work schedule seems to vary quite a bit. What I love is a great pulled pork sandwich and its super easy to make!
Have you ever heard of Dr. Pepper pulled pork? Or are you the kind of person that just cooks your pork loin in some water and smothers it in barbecue sauce when it’s done? Well let me tell you. If you have not tried Dr. Pepper pulled pork before, then you need to now!
So it’s super simple. You only need four ingredients and one crock pot! You’ll be super happy to have extra time to spend with your family and you will love the ease of this recipe!
What you’ll need
- Pork loin
- Pork seasoning
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce
- Place your pork loin in your slow cooker.
- Season with your preferred kind of pork seasoning. I used Lawry’s.
- Pour in your can of Dr. Pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours. (If you don’t have that much time just cut the cook time in half and put your crock pot on high instead!)
- About one half hour before the end of the cooking time take two forks and pull apart your pork.
- Smother your pork in barbecue sauce and let it warm through again.
- Serve on a bun and enjoy!
Such a simple and delicious meal that everyone will love! Try adding Rootbeer to your pork when cooking instead of the Dr. Pepper and see how you like it!
What do you use to make your pulled pork amazing?
This post may contain affiliate links.