Everyone loves a good cookie – well at least I do! I enjoy baking almost as much as I enjoy eating the finished product. I thought what a good idea it would be to fill mason jars with ingredients to make simple cookies that I could give this holiday season. This way you know you have the ingredients to make a batch of cookies instead of getting half way through and then realizing you’re missing a main ingredient.
– 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup chopped pecans
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup shortening
– 1 tsp vanilla
This is a great recipe because you mix everything together in one bowl unlike other cookie recipes where you should mix certain ingredients together and not add them until the end.
1. Dump contents of the mason jar into a large bowl and add all wet ingredients.
2. Stir until completely mixed.
3. Drop teaspoons of cookie dough onto a baking sheet and press down gently with a fork.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 ° F.
5. When cooked, remove from baking sheet and let cool on a rack.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of my affiliate links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission for referring you.